Risk, Response and Review: Multi-Agency Safeguarding
A THEMATIC ANALYSIS OF CHILD PRACTICE REVIEWS IN WALES 2023
As the commissioners of this report, the National Independent Safeguarding Board (NISB) is pleased to be able to publish its analysis and findings today (2nd Oct 2023).
The report provides a robust basis for national shared learning and constructive debate about how best to strengthen safeguarding effectiveness for children at risk across Wales and to further reduce the likelihood of significant harms occurring in future. We also believe that the learning it identifies, is highly transferrable to the other nations of the UK.
In welcoming Professor McManus’s rounded and insightful report, the NISB
- Commends and fully endorses the report’s findings and recommendations to Welsh Government,safeguarding professionals, agencies and partners.
- Recognises the need for agencies to implement the recommendations, to ensure that tangible improvements are secured and that children and families in Wales, experience the best professional practice.
- Will facilitate a national dialogue to ensure learning is disseminated and that the recommendations promote early and effective implementation across Wales.
- Notes and values the evidence of good practice across all agencies.
- Welcomes the report’s endorsement of the Child Practice Review methodology in Wales, as a key tool in the process of continuously improving safeguarding effectiveness
The Collective Safeguarding Responsibility Model: 12 C’s
THE ENACTMENT OF ‘SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY’